R.I.P. Ol' Xbox

"Furby", refurbished Xbox 360: November 19th, 2008 - November 21st, 2009

That's right, I have experienced yet another death in the [game system] family.  Just over a year old, the refurbished Xbox that Microsoft sent to replace the first one has decided to RRoD.  The worst part is that the warranty expired two days ago.  Oddly enough, a friend of mine had the same thing happen today as well...  I'm now convinced that this "failure" rate thing is on purpose.

I guess I'll now be off to put up with the support services yet again.  This time, when they offer to send another refurbished console for $100, I think they would do better by me to just refund the last repair, and I'll take my money elsewhere.  I've never been completely loyal to one company for anything, but I have enjoyed the ol' 360.  After this, I don't know if it was even worth it.

Feel free to share your tales of Xbox woes.

1 comment:

  1. So we're either buying an arcade or an Elite, putting in for another refurb, then selling the refurb to a friend.

    That leaves one question: what do we call the new Xbox? We can't use "Darky" if it's an Elite (unlike "Ol' Whitey").

    ReplyDelete

Featured Posts